Are you a seasoned software connoisseur that thrives in an Agile development environment? Are you comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries?
Do you have big ideas, an open mind and an interest in residential real estate? Do you love to learn, grow and be challenged, but can also remain calm under pressure? Would you describe yourself as driven, yet humble?
If so, you could be NDG’s next Full Stack Developer.
And in addition to joining our talented and dynamic team, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with some of the nation’s leading home builders and developers.
At NDG, we believe that home buyers need a trusted guide to truly help them navigate their new home search, which is often stressful and crowded with choices, competition and noise. So we innovate effective marketing strategies that challenge our clients — and ourselves — to better serve today’s home buyer, as their guide, because helping people find their dream home means we are helping them improve their life.
Whether you choose to work remotely or via our corporate offices (it’s your choice), you’ll be part of our talented team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. Alongside the Digital Marketing, Creative and Account Service teams, you’ll collaborate to produce scalable software solutions that are vital to our client’s business goals.
If you’re interested in engineering new software solutions for clients in a life-changing industry — as well as being part of a service-minded team that never settles for average — this could be the place for you. Let’s talk.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software solutions
- Design client-side and server-side architecture
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective REST APIs and integrate the constructed API with our front-end UI
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation as requested
- Work with digital marketing team and analysts to improve software
Experience / Skills:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks — NDG’s current tech stack is built with TypeScript in NestJS and Angular, running on PostgreSQL (a.k.a. Postgres)
- A relevant back-end programming language (e.g. PHP, Python, Ruby)
- Familiarity with a relevant and globally supported framework—both front-end and back-end, if necessary— (e.g., React, Angular, NestJS, NextJS)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Ideally, familiarity with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries (e.g., Sass, Less, and webpack)
- Thorough understanding of user experience and possibly even product strategy
- Proficiency with Git
- Familiarity with BitBucket
- Experience with AWS
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems
- Experience with SEO optimization & Google Analytics integration a plus
- Experience building mobile applications for iOS/Android a plus
- Energetic, resourceful, positive attitude and a passion for learning within the ever-changing digital development landscape
- Attention to detail and strong time management skills in a fast-paced business environment
- Desire to continually learn more about the craft, the business and the industries we serve
- Ability to stay organized, solve problems, manage workload and carry projects through to completion
- Appreciation for clean and well-documented code
Compensation / Leave:
- Competitive annual salary based on skills and experience
- Excellent health care benefits including dental, vision, etc.
- 401K retirement plan with company matching contributions
Culture / Perks:
- A team that is a true “work family” that has fun together at agency outings, gatherings and industry awards events
- Work from home or our office (your choice) in the heart of La Plata, MD — complete with rooftop patio and grill
- Professional development planning, coaching and mentoring program for every team member