The Creative Director / Art Director leads our team of creative professionals in crafting marketing materials that project our brand identity with excellence and consistency.
The job involves a mix of strategic planning, hands on creative work to set the design direction, and effective leadership to see that the vision is executed as expected. As a result, the ideal candidate is an organized and forward-thinking planner, a skilled artist with experience in multiple disciplines, and a competent communicator with an inspiring attitude.
From ad graphics and UX mockups, to product packaging and videos for social media, the Creative Director / Art Director is expected to cultivate a team of skilled craftsmen to that consistently generate the best marketing materials in the industry.
In every position, we prioritize 3 core attributes:
- Character – Using the Bible as the standard, is your conduct above reproach? Do you love the truth or excuse lies? Do you love your neighbor as yourself or just yourself? We want people who pursue the good.
- Drive – Do enjoy the thrill of accomplishing things so much that you are relentlessly productive? Do you take initiative to solve problems and make improvements, or are you content to only do the minimum that you are explicitly told? We want people who are hungry to get things done.
- Skill – Do you possess insights that most people don’t have? Are you constantly pursuing further personal development? Are you knowledgeable enough in your discipline to teach a crash course in what you do?
That order is important because if you’ve got a great attitude and are a hard worker, you can acquire any skill through diligent practice. On the other hand, few things are more destructive to a team than a highly skilled and driven person oozing with venom.
- Ensure that needed marketing materials are produced with excellence and delivered on time
- Lead a team of creative professionals to produce materials that continually improve in quality
- Maintain and enforce the brand style guide
- Take initiative to improve our brand visuals throughout the company
- Coordinate with other teams and departments to serve the needs of the company
- Demonstrate a habit of continual education for the team to follow
- Understand who our customer is and what they want
- Develop and maintain expert level familiarity with our core products.
- Diligently work to uphold and exemplify the 14 core values of AR500 Armor®.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree, or relevant work experience.
- Experience managing people
- Friendly disposition
- Thirst for learning
- Willingness to respectfully argue
- Ability to effectively cooperate as a member of a unified team
- Demonstration of the 3 essential attributes listed above in both self and team
- Flexibility to change with the company as it grows
- Ability to work in Phoenix, AZ
- Minimum of 2,080 hours per year