A Pipe Fabricator is a professional who fabricates and assembles piping products often seen in the refinery, petrochemical, and pipeline industries. This position requires 3 years minimum shop experience.
- Fabricating piping from stock lists/design to complete fabrication.
- Identifying materials needed to complete fabrication.
- Organizing jobs in a manner which maximizes materials and labor.
- Performing basic measuring, cutting, threading, and attachment of fittings.
- Selecting, inspecting, and using tools and rigging aids.
- Pulling, processing, labeling, and organizing finished job materials for each job site.
- Meeting schedule deadlines.
- Wearing proper protective equipment.
- Ensuring that fabricating tools are regularly maintained and are in working order.
- Organizing fabrication materials, tools, and equipment are kept in an orderly manner.
- Coordinating and/or utilizing materials returned from the job.
- Verifying bills of material requested and document any shortages that may exist.
- Recommending and implementing approved organization and process improvements.
- Requesting and listening to feedback regarding the quality of fabrication.
- Assisting with stocking shop inventory and general shop housekeeping functions.
- Assisting Shop Manager with miscellaneous basic general shop needs that may arise and/or be deemed necessary.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- 3+ years of previous experience fabricating pipe (piping industry is preferred.)
- Ability to complete job related paperwork is required.
- Ability to meet and maintain department productivity, job safety, quality requirements, and meet deadlines in a timely manner is required.
- Ability to work in shop environment and be exposed to, dust, dirt, job related lubrication, cutting/ cleaning agents, solvents, bonding agents, etc. is required.
- Ability to lift up to 80#s on a consistent basis is required.
- Ability to meet and maintain established physical and environmental job requirements is required.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed. Sundays are typically not worked.
KJ’s Services offers competitive pay and benefits. To be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume and pay requirements. We look forward to hearing from you!
- Retirement IRA with matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Dental / Vision / Disability insurance available
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Thursday