Staff Tax Accountant – Remote
We are currently seeking a part-time staff tax accountant to join our firm. This professional
would be responsible for preparing federal and state income tax returns primarily for individuals.
Our small CPA firm is based in Northern Virginia, but all staff work remotely through cloud-based systems. The accountant would work directly with the firm’s principal and be trained by him. The position offers great flexibility within the seasonality of a tax practice. Expected annual workload is between 600 and 1000 hours over the course of the year but may be
structured to suit the professional’s needs and lifestyle. Significantly more hours will be necessary during Tax Season (typically late January-April 15) than during the rest of the year.
• 2-3 years of experience preparing 1040s
• Exceptional verbal and written English-language communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Organized, with exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills
• References that can speak to the applicant’s unimpeachable integrity
• Experience preparing trusts/estates and businesses
• Experience with CCH Axcess and/or ProSystem FX
• Experience with QuickBooks
Salary will be commensurate with experience ranging from $20-$35 /hr. There is also an opportunity for a performance-based bonus. Applicant can expect to progress in salary as he or she is able to accurately prepare a wider range of tax returns with increasing complexity. Training and timely feedback are provided to help the accountant progress. No vaccinations or
masks required. Unfortunately, we cannot consider applicants who live in California or Colorado.