Job Title: Music Director, Part-Time
Reports To: Pastor
Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
Supervisory: Employees: no Unpaid Staff: no Volunteers: yes Contract Workers: no Boards: no
Job Titles Supervised: None
General Purpose: Responsible for ensuring quality liturgical music for the Parish, to enhance liturgical celebrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality music at all Masses. Must be able to play piano.
- Sing/play for rehearsals and Masses. (Coordinate replacement musicians for specific absences.)
- Recruit, train and schedule cantors for all Masses.
- Schedule, plan agenda, and facilitate liturgy meetings.
- Coordinate music selection for liturgies and all parish ministries.
- Approve guest musicians and music selection for funeral liturgies. Assist with liturgical music choices for weddings.
- Responsible for music ministry budget.
- Submit requisition and paperwork required for payment of “on call” musicians.
- Responsible for resolving conflict in music groups.
- Complete all volunteer paperwork as per Diocesan guidelines.
- Responsible for opening/locking facilities for Masses.
- Coordinate maintenance/repair of sound system and musical instruments in Sanctuary, ensuring that equipment is in working order for all Masses.
- Responsible for organizing and maintaining Music storage areas.
This description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. It is intended to be an
accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making compensation decisions. Salary based on qualifications/experience. $14.00 / hr minimum.