About the job
Foundry is a rapidly growing highly progressive startup focused on building a brand portfolio by acquiring brands built online. As operators who have first-hand experience launching, scaling and successfully exiting brands, our founding partners hold a deep understanding and respect for the work that goes into building a business. For Foundry, the acquisition of a brand is more than just a transaction. It's an on-going relationship and dedication to investing in and growing long-lasting brands that continue to enhance our customers lives.
As the Head of Data Science on this team, you will be responsible for defining and building the algorithms and metrics to help Foundry make informed acquisition decisions. You will work with leaders across the entire company, to define, test and build algorithms and data infrastructure for reporting. Your deep analysis work will help us correctly evaluate and scrutinize the success factors that enable microbrands to be long-term successful players on the Foundry platform.
What You'll Be Doing...
- Build and operate AI projecting, tracking and monitoring brand valuation of current and future acquisitions on online brands.
- Prioritize, test and acquire (scrape) data to feed AI and Algorithms
- Evaluate and test algorithms from our contracted software partners
- Build and maintain reporting dashboards to hear of operations, head of brand, M&A, and other Foundry leaders
- Define, Test, and Build AI recommenders for brand advertising & line extensions
- Assist leadership in creation of quarterly board materials, particularly around marketplace and brand analytics strategy
- Assist leadership in thinking about company's long term financial model, with marketplace and brand analytics
Who You Are...
- A data driven scientist who thrives in combing through and delivering data science, analytics and commerce algorithms
- A data driven leader who has held high visibility positions in startups, FANG or other SaaS /eCommerce companies
- You have experience building highly scaled and extensible data models and analytics systems
- Highly skilled with leading cloud data solutions (i.e. AWS, Azure, Google Big Data, etc) and data analytics tools (i.e. Tableau, Power BI)
- Familiar with Python, R, Sagemaker, and common statistics/Machine Learning functions
- Experience interviewing, hiring and building multi-functional teams.
- Familiarity with marketplace, advertising, and search APIs including Amazon, MWS, Walmart & Google
- Excellent communication skills to individual contributors, executives and investors.
- Experience hiring, mentoring and helping build long-term work culture of balanced success, hard work, pride in one's work and self, acceptance of others and fun.
- You will know you are a success when you can project EBITDA accuracy with less than 10% WMAPE
- You're able to drive customer LTV and customer engagement each by at least 10%
- You're able to build market leading algorithms and software for advertising and new products
- You're able to mentor individuals while helping built a long term culture of balanced success, hard work and fun.
Foundry is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce. As such, qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, familial/marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.