Williams is a family owned, family-oriented trucking company with an unquestionable commitment to safety and true passion for the transportation industry that is proven through outstanding quality and service. We want people on our team who are confident and driven to succeed. We set high expectations and rely on the people we hire to meet them. Are you ready to make your move and drive results?
We are seeking an experienced Diesel Mechanic to add to our shop team.
**Vacation and Benefits are offered on DAY 1! No waiting period!**
$25 to $30 per hour depending on experience
Hours: 3rd shift 11:00 p.m. - 7:30 a.m. Monday - Friday
- Determine vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keep equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules, and installing component and part upgrades.
- Correct vehicle problems by removing, repairing, adjusting, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as: power and drive trains, air brake components, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emissions, steering, hydraulics, oil systems, clutches, and traction units.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting diesel engine system with ECM diagnostic programs and other troubleshooting techniques preferred (i.e. Cummins Insite, Davie 4, and Tech Tool)
- Knowledge of DPF System
- Welding and experience in hydraulic systems (not required, but is preferred)
Qualifications and Skills:
- Valid State Issued Driver’s License
- Reliable & Self-Motivated
- Prior Diesel Mechanic Experience Required
- Competitive hourly compensation
- Weekly paychecks via direct deposit
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term Disability and Life Insurance (all offered on day 1)
- $10k FREE Life Insurance
- 401k with Company Match
- Boot/Clothing/Tool Reimbursement
- Continuing Education & Training
- Paid Vacation (offered day 1)
- Paid Holidays and Sick Days