Will be responsible for providing general office/clerical support to a small professional tax and accounting office. Duties will include:
- Answering incoming phone calls and scheduling client appointments
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail to appropriate staff
- Preparing outgoing mail - including marketing mail from internal templates and mailing lists
- Taking mail to post office personally when necessary
- Scanning of incoming client documents for digital storage and forwarding to appropriate office staff
- Basic data entry of client information into CRM and other internal software
- Assembly of completed tax returns and other client documents for return to client
- Other general office duties as needed
This is an in-office job that will start right after the New Year as a part-time, seasonal position, leading to full-time (35 - 40 hours a week) between late January and mid-April. Depending on work performance and availability, there is a potential for part or full-time permanent employment after that, with paid time off and retirement benefits. This is an entry level job that is perfect for someone who is only looking for seasonal work; however for the right person there is also plenty of room for advancement and a long-term opportunity.
- Must have strong customer service and telephone skills
- Must have strong computer skills, including document management, and be able to use email as well as internal messaging systems to communicate with both clients and other staff
- Attention to detail and accuracy of data entry is imperative; must have at least a basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and the ability to learn to use multiple software programs
- Some bookkeeping or accounting background could be helpful but is not necessary - we will train you
- Must be reliable
We are located in the Zelienople/Harmony area of western Pennsylvania.
Salary is dependent upon skills and experience.