We believe that what people play matters. TruPlay produces mobile games that resonate with our 4 Foundations of Fun, Beauty, Excellence, and God’s Truth. With God’s Blessing, we will continue to reach Millions around the world and produce a tremendous amount of economic value for everyone involved.
TruPlay is seeking a dynamic, intelligent and thorough Senior Product Manager to drive the development and growth of our mobile online content delivery platform. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to guide this initiative from conception to launch, and through live operations. The ideal candidate will have confidence in developing the product strategy, helping to define the features to drive engagement and retention, working with a team of engineers to establish and implement the analytical requirements and experimentation for successful live operations, and analyzing incoming data and using those insights to further develop and strengthen the lifecycle of the platform. If this is a challenge you’re up for, we’d love to talk to you!
- Excellent communication, collaboration, customer support, and teaching skills
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Passion for learning
- Work closely with company leadership to establish the product vision and work collaboratively with the development team to realize that vision.
- Must be humble, but have high enthusiasm, a can-do attitude, and the ability to cheerlead and motivate others.
- Must be an integral part of the platform team and seek the success of the team over their own.
- Preferably a game industry veteran with a consistent track record of shipping high-quality mobile games and back-end services; will also consider equivalent product management experience in media or entertainment industries (7+ years).
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment with a creative problem-solving mindset
- Understanding of the casual mobile game space, particularly content created for a younger audience
- Customer-centric view of product development; constantly seeks to understand our audience and what they will respond well to and champions the user’s experience in all aspects of the development process.
- Self-starter with experience managing projects from concept through completion
- Expertise working collaboratively with company leadership and game development teams to produce successful games and products.
- Drives product development by establishing feature roadmaps, feature backlogs, and writing user stories (7+ years)
- Can produce product proposals and specifications that clearly communicate product functionality to developers (7+ years)
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills with a focus on data-driven decision making
- Expertise in defining and using analytics to determine product success and drive business impact (7+ years)
- Experience writing SQL queries and distilling complex analysis into actionable insights (7+ years)
- Bible familiarity
- Strong business fundamentals
- Work closely with Platform team to plan, develop and execute against a product roadmap based on a collaborative and shared vision
- Understand and influence the key player behaviors that drive engagement and retention in the mobile space
- Determine and prioritize feature development based on the shared creative vision for the product and the needs of our players
- Identify and design/improve features and functionality to establish and improve key performance indicators from Beta launch through WW Live Operations
- Analyze data, build automated reports, and establish analytics to make informed business decisions
- Work closely with the Platform team to identify, test and measure high-impact product changes that drive growth in revenue, reach and retention
- Identify tools and reporting, working with technical team to design, implement and improve through rapid iteration
- Understand performance metrics to inform hypothesis and create A/B testing experiments with clear and measurable success criteria
- Keep up on current interactive mobile streaming offerings, particularly those geared towards children, to ensure the team meets or exceeds the expectations of current consumers
- Delivering a cutting-edge mobile gaming platform that:
- Is engaging, clear, age-appropriate and frictionless
- Hits predetermined engagement metrics
- Meets a consistent and exacting quality bar
- Speaks God’s Truth
- Constant improvement in engagement and retention through thorough analysis and response
- Excellent cross-discipline collaboration which fosters a positive and motivating team environment
- 10+ years work experience, with at least 5 years in a Product Management role for mobile B2C, preferably in games, media or entertainment
- Established excellence in development through all phases of product
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex processes clearly and persuasively
- Ability to acclimate quickly to a rapidly-shifting, fast-paced creative environment
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with team leads and directors to align priorities
- Up-to-date with the latest media trends, techniques and technologies
- Set an optimistic tone and promote communication and teamwork
- Lead by example
For our Culture
- High Commitment to TruPlay’s Purpose
- Lives a life of integrity
- Treats others as they would want to be treated
For This Role
- Strong vision, analytical skills and adaptability
- Ability to clearly articulate vision and product goals
Our Core team and content have been used by God to:
- Reach Millions of people with our games across the world
- See over 25,000 people coming to Christ with His Hand
- Create new TruPlay game designs that have tested incredibly well
- Move to our team from XBox, Nintendo, PlayStation, Sony, Disney, Apple
- Contains contribution from 2 Apple Award winners and music from Enya and Hillsong
Our products stand on 4 Foundations:
- Truth – Our games are woven with God’s Story
- Fun – Our players should be delighted and excited
- Excellence – Our games resonate with high-quality features, tech, and storytelling
- Beauty – Our artwork and audio are spectacular