We believe that what people play matters. TruPlay develops mobile games that resonate with our 4 Foundations of Fun, Beauty, Excellence, and God’s Truth. With God’s Blessing, we will continue to reach Millions around the world and produce a tremendous amount of economic value for everyone involved.
We’re building an interactive Content Platform for children.
The Senior Dev Ops Engineer will work on complex integrated solutions to build and deliver our mobile-first gaming Platform to millions of players worldwide. You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and managing cloud-based systems for the company. Strong teamwork and collaboration are requirements, as you will be working closely with other software engineers, designers, product managers, and UX specialists in a fast-paced environment. At TruPlay, we encourage full ownership of software products, so your ability to operate and maintain what your team builds is also important.
- 7+ years of experience
- Excellent communication, collaboration, customer support, and teaching skills
- Strong writing and documentation skills
- Passion for learning
- Expertise in building and servicing scalable, high-performance, consumer-facing products
- Experience supporting game development teams
- Expertise with cloud computing and service technologies
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS),
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with microservice and serverless architectures
- Expertise with app containerization and deployment technologies
- Expertise with web technologies
- Expertise API design and development
- Expertise in debugging, performance profiling, and optimization
- Experience creating automated build and deployment pipelines
- Experience with C# preferred
- In-depth knowledge of operating systems
- Server administration
- Infrastructure monitoring
- Experience with log services such as Splunk
Initially, the critical responsibilities will be:
- Support the Platform team in planning, design, architecture, and front end development to match aggressive open beta launch timelines.
- Help the team balance the tradeoffs, prioritizing a high quality customer experience.
- Identify and communicate roadblocks and bottlenecks that may prevent the company from achieving its goals.
- Collaborate with teams of game developers to integrate games on the Platform, balancing customer outcomes and development team quality of life issues.
For our Culture
- High Commitment to TruPlay’s Purpose
- Lives a life of integrity
- Treats others as they would want to be treated
For This Role
- High Desire to Drive Organization to Deliver to Goal Commitments
- Strong Detail orientation
- Ability to articulate roles, responsibilities and goals
A gaming Platform up to our company standards and released in an agreed-upon timeframe that is:
- Supports the Product Vision and company mission
- Contains the right features to support company goals to launch and beyond
Our Core team and content have been used by God to:
- Reach Millions of people with our games across the world
- See over 25,000 people coming to Christ with His Hand
- Create new TruPlay game designs that have tested incredibly well
- Move to our team from XBox, Nintendo, PlayStation, Sony, Disney, Apple, Fortnite, Skylander, Lightside
Our products stand on 4 Foundations:
- Truth – Our games are woven with God’s Story
- Fun – Our players should be delighted and excited
- Excellence – Our games resonate with high-quality features, tech, and storytelling
- Beauty – Our artwork and audio are spectacular
Location: Our office is headquartered in Austin, Texas.