The Security Technician is responsible for tasks associated with the installation of Access Control, CCTV, and Intrusion Systems.
Specific Essential Functions:
* Install CCTV, Access Control, and Intrusion hardware cabling and other forms of cabling as technology continues to evolve.
* Assist in testing of installed equipment and provide basic programming, such as, adding card readers, cameras, and alarm points to any system.
* Assist in performing preventive maintenance and repair as per a client maintenance agreement and/or warranty.
* Assist in troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing systems and/or equipment.
* Responsible for updating team lead on the status of all work performed on a daily basis.
* Notify team lead daily of any materials needed to complete duties.
* Perform additional Security Technician and related functions as assigned by the team lead and deemed within the general skill and ability level of a productive Security Technician in our industry.
Job Skills & Qualities Required:
* Display a positive attitude to fellow team members and clients.
* Willingness and ability to be a team player.
*Ability to focus and complete assigned tasks and prioritize when given multiple tasks.
* Organizational, analytical, and detail-oriented abilities.
* Ability to thrive in a fast paced, time-sensitive environment.
* Strong communication skills, attention to detail and follow through.
* Maintain client privacy and personal professionalism at all times.
* Experience in CCTV, Access Control, Alarm and Intrusion, Installation & Programming for such systems.
* Required to adhere to OSHA Safety Standards.
* Required to possess a valid driver's license and be insurable with our auto insurance carrier during course of employment.
* As appropriate and applicable, become master certified in all product lines.
* Receive professional and technical knowledge by attending manufacturer training, seminars, conferences, etc. when made available by manager.
* Attend all team training and safety meetings.
* All employees will be required to pass all background checks, motor vehicle record check, and drug screening.
* Will frequently be required to walk, sit, and use hand to pull cables and wires, use power tools, work in various positions and climb ladders, as well as operate scissor and boom lifts.
* Positions require the necessary vision to work with small, color coded wiring.
* Travel may be necessary on occasion.