Join our fast-growing family of companies! Open Gates Group is an entrepreneurial family of companies located near Kalona, Iowa that support the growth of local, organic dairy products. Our products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest family farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team.
What you will do:
- Perform mechanical and limited electrical repair, modification and maintenance of production machinery and equipment.
- Inspect and measure parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems.
- Realign and adjust functional components and control instruments.
- Start machine and equipment to test operation following repairs.
- Repair electrical equipment and broken parts.
- Weld equipment and parts as needed.
- Read and understand schematic flowcharts and technical manuals.
- Complete all required paperwork and perform preventative maintenance as required.
- Perform installation and setup of new production machinery.
- Perform scheduled safety inspections and preventive maintenance on specified items.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation of maintenance records, work orders and task records.
- Comply with all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Comply with federal, state and local safety regulations.
- Work together with co-workers and other company personnel, while consistently demonstrating principles of customer service and teamwork.
- Perform related duties as required.
What you will need:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Self- motivated, able to multitask, and willing to contribute in a fast-paced team environment.
- Organized and detail oriented with basic knowledge boilers, compressors, and refrigeration system preferred.
- Basic welding and fabrication skills strongly desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to read chemical labels and follow safe handling procedures for food grade products.
- Must have the ability to read, write, and perform basic math.
- Must be able to routinely lift up to 60 lbs, work from ladders, squat, bend, and kneel.
- Must be able to work in hot and cold climates, both indoors and outdoors and stand on feet during the entire shift.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 1-year
- Benefit Bonus/Stipend
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right We Think Like Entrepreneurs We Offer a Great Place to Work We Build Strong Relationships We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Check out our Facebook page #OpenGatesCulture and send your resume! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!