Join our fast-growing, entrepreneurial family of companies! Open Gates Group is a family of companies consisting of Kalona Farms, Kalona Creamery, Farmers Creamery (the makers of Kalona SuperNatural), ARTI, Awesome Logistics, Provision Ingredients, and Frytown Properties. Our dairy products are minimally processed and come straight from Midwest family farms surrounding our creamery. We are currently seeking a Quality Food Safety Technician to join our team in Kalona, IA!
The Quality Food Safety Technician is responsible for maintaining and facilitating quality standards for the organization. This position will work collaboratively with Production teams to ensure quality compliance.
What you will do:
- Actively participates in initiatives to improve products and processes related to quality, food safety and consistency.
- Works collaboratively with Production teams to perform bacteriological, chemical, and physical tests on raw and finished goods to ensure quality compliance.
- Serves as an authorized agent to conduct food safety and analysis.
- Performs Internal Audits periodically for compliance against Company Policies and Procedures as well as State and Federal regulations.
- Work collaboratively with OG team members to troubleshoot quality issues and/or process improvement activities.
- Recommends changes or improvements to food safety policies & procedures, internal audit program, process control and/or cleaning and sanitizing programs.
- Enforces quality standards, GMP’s, SOP’s and the food safety plan.
- Ensures adherence to all standard work processes, including the Production Sanitation processes.
- Aides in plant training requirements and training frequencies.
- Keeps the Quality Manager and Plant Manager informed of all quality results and issues.
- Responsible for maintaining the Open Gates Safe Quality Food (SQF) program.
- Other duties as requested.
What you will need:
- High School diploma. Associates or Bachelor's Degree in a science related field highly desirable.
- 1-3 years QA/QC background in a dairy/food lab or equivalent preferred.
- Knowledge of Microscopy, GMP and Quality systems is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-starter and able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of basic math.
- Able to handle and communicate quality-related issues with a sense of urgency.
- Passion and alignment with our mission, vision, values & operating principles.
- Passion for working in a values based company in alignment with a learning organization.
- Willing to embrace personal and professional development while staying on top of industry trends.
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance, STD & LTD after 60 days of employment.
- Matching 401k after 1-year
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), & Birthday PTO
- Opportunity for advancement!
- Discounted employee purchases!
- Unique, entrepreneurial culture!
Our Mission and Guiding Principles:
We successfully create value and enhance lives by attending to how we do business!
We Treat People Right; We Think Like Entrepreneurs; We Offer a Great Place to Work; We Build Strong Relationships; We Create a Place to Learn & Improve Life in Our Community
Check out opengatesgroup.com or our Facebook page and send us your resume! If you have a passion for problem solving with a servant-minded attitude, join our team!