Looking for an individual who thrives in a high intensity environment and is capable of leading a team of 25+ people to deliver the fastest and best tasting food at the most popular restaurant in three counties. This is a senior leadership position that reports directly to the Kitchen Director. The Assistant Kitchen Director will partner with the Kitchen Director to unify the kitchen team and achieve top 20% in the nation in customer ratings for taste and speed. This role requires an exceptionally cheerful leader capable of patiently correcting and training. It requires a highly organized person who communicates effectively.
- Problem preventing
- Effective communicator
- Basic skills in email and the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Basic understanding of restaurant business concepts: (food cost and labor productivity)
- Assistant Kitchen Director will use schedule writing software to write kitchen schedule and will remain two weeks ahead posting schedule every Wednesday by 5pm.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will be responsible for filling all “call outs” so that restaurant operations are not interrupted.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will respond within 24 hours to schedule requests by Operator, CEO, or Kitchen Director.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will work with Kitchen Director and the front of the house to maintain a labor productivity of $70+ per hour
- Assistant Kitchen Director will lead team of trainers to effectively train and develop kitchen team members
- Assistant Kitchen Director will be responsible for ensuring entire kitchen is not in violation of any ServSafe or Chick-fil-A food safety requirements.
- Assistant Kitchen Director is responsible to maintain top 20% customer experience scores in speed of service and taste.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will ensure that food is made in 2.5 minutes or less.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will update equipment maintenance schedules and opening and closing checklists and ensure they are followed.
- Assistant Kitchen Director is responsible for ensuring the kitchen team is meeting monthly food waste goals
- Assistant Kitchen Director must practice the principle of servant leadership and have done a task multiple times before asking any team members to do it.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will be committed to helping each team member be the best that they can be, assisting them to meet specific measurable goals, while delivering fast and fresh food.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will unify the team, keep morale high and maintain a cheerful, respectful working environment for all kitchen employees.
- This is not an office job. Assistant Kitchen Director must be willing and able to lead while working alongside Team Members in the kitchen.
- Kitchen experience preferred, however not required if candidate can show that they are otherwise able to learn quickly and lead effectively.
- Must complete ServSafe Certification within 6 months of employment
- Candidate must submit to a full background check (criminal, credit, and social media)
- Candidate must be willing to complete a 6-8 month probationary period where they will complete a kitchen team member experience. Their compensation will remain as stated during this time.
- Candidate must be available to work 4 nights per weeks; usually no later than 11pm.
- Assistant Kitchen Director will be compensated $60,000/year