Firm: Salish Wealth Management
Position Title: Client Services Director
Who we are?
Salish Wealth Management is an independent, full service, wealth management firm located in beautiful Bellingham, WA. Founded in 2016 by Scott Hume, Salish Wealth Management is now home to a team of three financial advisors, two operations support staff, and over $200 million in assets under management.
What is the opportunity?
Salish Wealth Management offers employees the unique opportunity to work in a fast-paced and collaborative environment. Our unique entrepreneurial culture encourages all employees to assume significant levels of responsibility. We invest in our people because we believe they are critical to our long-term success as a firm.
As the Client Services Director you will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative, operational, and client support for Salish Wealth Management's team of Financial Advisors. You must maintain the highest levels of service while improving operational infrastructure geared toward scalability and growth of the firm. Capacity for growth will be generated by improvements to operational workflows, procedures, and efficiencies, freeing up the advisors to handle a greater volume of accounts and services.
Who you are?
You grow and thrive in dynamic and challenging environments. You love problem solving and you are excited and eager to provide stellar customer service. You want the opportunity to learn from the best and grow your career. Most importantly, you want to be a key contributor on a championship team!
- Direct/respond to client inquiries
- In-Office Walk-Ins
- Process Account Forms
- New Account Opening
- Account Transfers/Rollovers
- Account Maintenance
- Follow up with clients to ensure proper/timely completion
- Research Issues
- Corporate Actions
- Cost Basis
- Process Transaction Requests
- Maintain records
- Client documents
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Document retention
- Client Meeting Support
- Prepare presentations
- Prepare documents
- Prepare ad-hoc reports
- Facilities Management
- Maintain visitor policies
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of facility
- Develop/work within a budget for facilities related expenses and record keeping
- Assist with any other facilities related tasks
- Vendor Management
- Evaluate vendors and determine if they fit the needs of the firm
- Ensure timely payment of invoices
- Troubleshoot any issues related to vendors
- Maintain detailed files and contract information for all vendors as needed
- Marketing/Community Outreach
- Social media promotion activities
- Event planning, preparation, and/or attendance
- Assist in building relationships within the community
- Workflow Optimization
- Create or enhance standard operating procedures
- Create or enhance calendar/timeline of completion for ad-hoc or set-regular procedures
- Recognize inefficiencies and provide alternative methods
- Minimize operational impact on client servicing
- Firm Growth
- Assist in business planning/goal setting to achieve desired growth
- Use analytical skills to effectively manage and drive continuous process and service improvements
- Assist in attracting, developing, and retaining quality talent for the firm
- Manage/train/evaluate any new operations staff needed
- Develop and maintain human resources/payroll policies and procedures should growth of the firm necessitate
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 - 4 years general office and administrative experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Incredible organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task multiple high-priority responsibilities
- FINRA Series 7 & 66 licenses (or 7, 63, and 65)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree with a focus on business or finance
- Prior industry experience
- Experience with Redtail CRM
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel (ie. VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables) and other Office 365 products
Salary competitive and DOE. Excellent benefits package including 401(k) matching, profit sharing, medical benefits, bonus potential, and paid time off.