We are looking for an LPN to care for our patients in a correctional setting. The ideal candidate will be a professional able to give the best nursing care with little supervision. It is important to be compassionate and cool-tempered. You must be able to follow health and safety guidelines faithfully and consistently. The goal is to promote patient’s well-being by providing quality and compassionate nursing care.
Offer benefits such as healthcare, access to our primary care office, matching 401k, disability, life insurance, and yearly scrub allowance.
- Apply Knowledge of standard nursing practices and principles specific to correctional care.
- Provide technical care to inmates, receive assignments and reports, provide prescribed medication under supervision of Registered Nurse, in accordance with policies and procedures and as permitted by local and state regulations.
- Observe, record and report all observations of the inmate's mental and physical care.
- Obtain and provide report on inmates during shift change.
- Perform special procedure and treatments under the supervision of an RN
- Notify the physician, nurse practitioner, nurse manager, or Health Services Administrator immediately of any changes in patient's condition that warrant attention.
- Meet periodically with the Health Service Administrator for the purpose of discussing nursing care, policies, and future planning
- Foster support and cooperation among staff members to promote a teamwork based environment
- A team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Responsible and compassionate
- Outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Patient with excellent problem-solving skills
- Valid license