This position is responsible for driving company trucks to job sites, transporting material, operating machinery, assisting in additional work as assigned to complete work on the job site.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive both local and regional routes
- Transport loads to proper disposal facilities, including landfills.
- Drive and operate equipment on site and move equipment to other job sites
- Participate in practical and manual activities on a daily basis.
- May be required to assist technicians with work on job site; Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects.
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: blasting equipment, vacuum trucks and hoses, etc.
- May require work in confined spaces, elevated spaces, hot, wet, cold, and foul smelling environments throughout an 8-12 hour shift while holding various sizes of vacuum hoses.
- Work in environments with hazardous materials and excessive noise levels.
- Extended work hours, including evenings, and weekends are required. Travel to various locations and working for extended periods of time out of town or as needed is mandatory to support the needs of the business.
- This position is required to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and occasionally will be required to work weekends and holidays.
- Complete assigned work on job sites.
- Additional duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Class A or B CDL license required; Class A Preferred
- Must be able to pass DOT Medical and Pulmonary Fit Tests.
- Must consistently demonstrate safe working practices
- Must maintain a valid commercial driver license and a clean driving record.
- Ability to read and write in English Required.
- Tanker and Hazardous Material license endorsements preferred.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and perform strenuous physical labor in various work environments.