Action Environmental is currently looking for field technicians for our growing office. This position will require a hardworking, hands-on, safety conscious work ethic. Technicians are responsible for providing cleaning, vacuum, flushing, and blasting services in the following industry types: power plants, steel manufacturing, transportation, plastics, food and beverage, utilities, pharmaceuticals, pulp & paper, paints & coatings, wire & cable, oil refining, chemicals, seed production.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in practical and manual activities on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure that health and safety standards are achieved, including but not limited to wearing all protective safety equipment
- Engage in strenuous physical labor including lifting, pulling and pushing heavy objects
- Operate light and heavy equipment including, but not limited to: blasting equipment, vacuum trucks and hoses, etc
- May require work in confined spaces, elevated spaces, hot, wet, cold, and foul smelling environments through an 8-12 hour shift while holding the various sizes of vacuum hoses.
- Work in environments with Hazardous Materials and excessive noise levels
- Work extended hours, evening, and weekend work, as well as work out of town for extended periods of time, when mandatory. Because of the emergency response and operational nature of the position, a continuing condition of employment is that this position acknowledges and agrees to be on-call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year and on occasion will require work during weekends and holidays
- Additional duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to pass DOT Medical and Pulmonary Fit Tests
- Consistently demonstrate safe working practices required
- Ability to read and write in English is required
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and maintain a clean driving record to drive company vehicles
- Must have a working cell phone and answer phone or respond to work within 15 minutes
- Ability to work extended hours, weekends, holidays and out of town
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds and perform strenuous physical labor in various work environments