Rapidly growing Electronic Medical Records (EMR) software company seeking a full-time salaried Technical Support Specialist. This position will primarily consist of telephone & remote access support. Duties include software installation, installing and troubleshooting diagnostic equipment & device integrations, troubleshooting technical & training-related issues.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customer technical assistance.
- Perform Software/Equipment Installations.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and the details provided by the customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Document client issues and the steps you have taken to resolve the issue.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements in procedures.
- Be available for after-hours On-Call support rotations and client updates.
- Experience as a help desk technician or other customer support role.
- Ability to diagnose and resolving basic technical issues.
- Experience with Windows Server Operating Systems.
- Experience with Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
- Working knowledge of Network/Desktop/Server Best Practices.
- Ability to perform Network Troubleshooting/Maintenance.
- A good understanding of mobile devices, printers, scanners, and other tech products.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
Candidates with experience in the following areas preferred:
Hospital/Large Organization IT
Healthcare EMR Software Implementation & Support
Backup and Disaster Recovery
DOS Command-Line Scripting (Batch Files)
Microsoft SQL Server
Custom Server/Workstation Building
Virtualization Technologies such as HyperV and VMWare
Candidates with the following education preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Comptia A+ certification
- Comptia N+ Certification
- Microsoft MCP Certifications
The candidate must be a team player, demonstrate Interpersonal skills, demonstrate a professional/likable attitude and appearance, and be willing to travel (rare) for onsite installations.
The candidate is subject to drug testing.